A home has 60 seconds to make an impression, so you need to make a great impression quickly.
About 40% of the actual buying decision is based on curb appeal, then the next 20% of the buying decision is based on when the potential buyer enters the home. So basically 60% of the decision to buy a home is determined by walking thru the front door.
Here are some tips to get your home ready for sale to sell it for the highest price you can:
1) Declutter. Remove extra furniture to make the rooms appear large and appealing.
2) Make it look spacious and bright. Change the lightbulbs, open the shades, and organize the closets.
3) Pay attention to details. Make sure there are colorful plants, trim the bushes and trees. Make sure the exterior trim is painted and detailed, especially at the front door.
4) Price your home right off the start. Don’t lose potential buyers by pricing the home too high.
5) Hire a professional. Hire an agent who knows your area and is a full time real estate agent that can give your home the professional marketing plan it needs.